Well, today also ends up not being like a normal Wednesday for us because the piano teacher called just as we were about to head out to say that she was sick. Usually we are at the Community College that is 5 minutes away by 8:15 for everyone to have a lesson. In the state of Maryland it is also required that they have music. I am sure the music history we do on Tuesdays would be enough to satisfy the state. We are requiring the girls to do at least 3 years of piano and then they can switch to guitar if they would like since we already own one of those too. While one is having a lesson the others are sitting on a bench in the hall working on their individual work.
A side note that I want to share with you...We own a gorgeous in looks and sound 100+ year old upright piano with a baby grand harp in it. My grandma, my Dad's mom, was a piano teacher for 60 years and a church organist. She taught out of her home on one of her 2 pianos. My sister and I each inherited one when she died. When she started to lose her sight she sent one from Montana to my parents so that my sister and I could learn. I took piano for a year and quit to return to viola. I learned to play by ear and watching my teacher and never learned to read music. I did not want the girls to miss out on the skills you gain from having good solid music theory.
After lessons are done we sometimes have to run to church to prepare the craft for the Kids Club. Then it is home again to finish individual work and have lunch. Then we do History and Science. There is usually not much free time on Wednesday afternoons because we have to eat dinner early because we leave for church at 6. I have to be there early to finish last minute set up for Kids Club. Gracie has Kids Club from 6:30-7:30 and the big girls are in the middle school group from 6:15-7:45. Ron and I go to the Pastor's class where he goes over the sermon and answers questions. Well, I should say I go if I do not have to teach Kids Club.
Today I am squeezing in 3 loads of laundry. I used to do it once a week but rather than buy more clothes for people I just do laundry more often, about every 4-5 days. I also need to iron Ron's dress shirt and khakis. I try on Wednesday to not do extra stuff but since we did not have lessons this morning I had the extra time. I also try and plan a simple dinner of soup or sandwiches for Wednesday nights because we eat earlier and are often in a hurry to get out. I also had to make another cake to take because the Kids Club is having a birthday party for Jesus tonight. Whew!
A side note that I want to share with you...We own a gorgeous in looks and sound 100+ year old upright piano with a baby grand harp in it. My grandma, my Dad's mom, was a piano teacher for 60 years and a church organist. She taught out of her home on one of her 2 pianos. My sister and I each inherited one when she died. When she started to lose her sight she sent one from Montana to my parents so that my sister and I could learn. I took piano for a year and quit to return to viola. I learned to play by ear and watching my teacher and never learned to read music. I did not want the girls to miss out on the skills you gain from having good solid music theory.
After lessons are done we sometimes have to run to church to prepare the craft for the Kids Club. Then it is home again to finish individual work and have lunch. Then we do History and Science. There is usually not much free time on Wednesday afternoons because we have to eat dinner early because we leave for church at 6. I have to be there early to finish last minute set up for Kids Club. Gracie has Kids Club from 6:30-7:30 and the big girls are in the middle school group from 6:15-7:45. Ron and I go to the Pastor's class where he goes over the sermon and answers questions. Well, I should say I go if I do not have to teach Kids Club.
Today I am squeezing in 3 loads of laundry. I used to do it once a week but rather than buy more clothes for people I just do laundry more often, about every 4-5 days. I also need to iron Ron's dress shirt and khakis. I try on Wednesday to not do extra stuff but since we did not have lessons this morning I had the extra time. I also try and plan a simple dinner of soup or sandwiches for Wednesday nights because we eat earlier and are often in a hurry to get out. I also had to make another cake to take because the Kids Club is having a birthday party for Jesus tonight. Whew!
No comments:
Post a Comment