Wednesday, December 3, 2014

No testimony...

For the longest time I struggled with the fact that I did not have a dramatic testimony and for that matter I did not even have a date that I could point to.  It has only been since seminary that I have been okay with it and in the last couple of years that I have moved to being thankful.

The comfort came almost 2 1/2 years ago when Johanna was filling out her paperwork for the mission trip she was going on.  One of the questions was to write out your testimony and she said "but I don't know when I asked Jesus to be my Savior".  I had to really help her to be able to write her answer.  I was able to tell her how blessed she is to never remember a day apart from the Lord and at such a young age to have that assurance.

I am so thankful that I too do not have a date I can point to or a dramatic story of how I changed.  I am thankful that I do not remember a day apart from the Lord and that I have had that assurance as long as I can remember.  That is not to say that I have not had my struggles, doubts or valleys.  It is also not say that I have had a mostly easy, wonderful walk.  I am so glad that I will continue to have peaks and valleys in my walk with the Lord.

I am thankful that each of our little ladies do not remember a day apart from God.  What a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment