Fridays are usually a day that people look forward to but I am not sure that the girls look forward to it at all. In fact I think they would love to just skip it. Why? It is cleaning day!
Friday morning we eat breakfast and then the cleaning starts. We have a chore chart for Friday. I rotate the jobs every 6 weeks or so. They check the chart and do the jobs. I check their work when they are done. If it meets with my approval then they can go start their individual school work. I do the vacuuming, wet or dry mopping and change the sheets. If I am wet mopping I usually wait to do that until they have their lunch prepared and I trap them at tv trays in the living room.
Usually after lunch on Fridays they still have individual work still to do but we do our history and science first. That way once they finish their individual work they are free to play. Because of the cleaning we do on Fridays they do not finish school work until later in the day.
I am sure some, including the girls, are thinking slave labor but really it is training. I have told the girls this numerous times but I am not sure it has really sunk in yet. I want them to be well equipped for when they have their own home. Cleaning is not the only practical skill that I am teaching them.
Well, that completes our look into a week in our homeschool.
Friday morning we eat breakfast and then the cleaning starts. We have a chore chart for Friday. I rotate the jobs every 6 weeks or so. They check the chart and do the jobs. I check their work when they are done. If it meets with my approval then they can go start their individual school work. I do the vacuuming, wet or dry mopping and change the sheets. If I am wet mopping I usually wait to do that until they have their lunch prepared and I trap them at tv trays in the living room.
Usually after lunch on Fridays they still have individual work still to do but we do our history and science first. That way once they finish their individual work they are free to play. Because of the cleaning we do on Fridays they do not finish school work until later in the day.
I am sure some, including the girls, are thinking slave labor but really it is training. I have told the girls this numerous times but I am not sure it has really sunk in yet. I want them to be well equipped for when they have their own home. Cleaning is not the only practical skill that I am teaching them.
Well, that completes our look into a week in our homeschool.
No comments:
Post a Comment