This Tuesday is not like our normal Tuesday because we are on Christmas break already for Community Bible Study. Normally we are on the road at 8:30 to get to bible study by 9:30. If we didn't have to deal with the morning rush hour we could make it there in only 20 minutes. Bible study is from 9:30-11:30. The girls are each in their own class. It is a highlight of the week for them to be with all their homeschool friends.
After bible study we often have a few small errands to run. Occasionally we will head over to Ikea for lunch because kids eat free on Tuesday. The little girls get chicken fingers and Johanna and I get the salmon. Other wise we head home and have lunch.
After lunch we will do our subjects that we only need to do once a week. We do music history. Right now I am reading them the history of individual hymns. We do art. We are using the second book of Lambs book of Art and getting some good basic instruction in drawing. Johanna has discovered it is a pleasure to draw and that she apparently got her talent from Ron's dad. I have enjoyed sharing more with them on technical drawing than the book went into but they did not share my joy in that style of drawing. Next year we will move onto Art History. Health instruction is required by the state of Maryland. It has been my hardest subject to come up with something we all enjoy doing. Right now we are reading Making Brothers and Sister Friends. I wish that I could say that it is making a bigger difference in the way that they are treating each other. We finish the book this week and after the break we are going to be doing a class together online. Vintage Remedies is going to be offering a class to go with their book of natural remedies for tweens. We are all excited for it. Last thing we do on Tuesdays is Christian Light's Home Ec. course. We will finish it this year.
Today since we did not have bible study we are just doing a normal school day and spreading our Tuesday work out over the whole week. After lunch we did have to run out to get bird food and go to the library to exchange books. I love how the drive home from the library is so quiet. They always take forever picking books. I love being able to go when everyone else is in school because it is less crowded. When we got home I had to make a cake for Ron to take to the Men's dinner for church. Then we did our History and Science. Since we had to run out that means that we finish up school much later in the day but they do not mind.
After bible study we often have a few small errands to run. Occasionally we will head over to Ikea for lunch because kids eat free on Tuesday. The little girls get chicken fingers and Johanna and I get the salmon. Other wise we head home and have lunch.
After lunch we will do our subjects that we only need to do once a week. We do music history. Right now I am reading them the history of individual hymns. We do art. We are using the second book of Lambs book of Art and getting some good basic instruction in drawing. Johanna has discovered it is a pleasure to draw and that she apparently got her talent from Ron's dad. I have enjoyed sharing more with them on technical drawing than the book went into but they did not share my joy in that style of drawing. Next year we will move onto Art History. Health instruction is required by the state of Maryland. It has been my hardest subject to come up with something we all enjoy doing. Right now we are reading Making Brothers and Sister Friends. I wish that I could say that it is making a bigger difference in the way that they are treating each other. We finish the book this week and after the break we are going to be doing a class together online. Vintage Remedies is going to be offering a class to go with their book of natural remedies for tweens. We are all excited for it. Last thing we do on Tuesdays is Christian Light's Home Ec. course. We will finish it this year.
Today since we did not have bible study we are just doing a normal school day and spreading our Tuesday work out over the whole week. After lunch we did have to run out to get bird food and go to the library to exchange books. I love how the drive home from the library is so quiet. They always take forever picking books. I love being able to go when everyone else is in school because it is less crowded. When we got home I had to make a cake for Ron to take to the Men's dinner for church. Then we did our History and Science. Since we had to run out that means that we finish up school much later in the day but they do not mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment