Thursday, December 18, 2014

Thursday...

Well, this is going to be really short because Thursdays are almost exactly the same as Mondays.  If we need to have an appointment I prefer to schedule it for Thursday.  Like today for example.  It is haircut week.  I cut Ron's hair but I do not cut the girl's hair.  I tried when they were smaller but it was just too stressful.  So the girls busted a move this morning and got all their individual work done before lunch.  We packed up our lunch and headed to Ron's office.  The girls love to go to Daddy's office to have lunch with him.  After lunch we headed next door to the place where we get our hair cuts done.  

Side note...I wish the people there could read this.  I must say that they are awesome people.  They ask tons of questions even after 3 years.  They just can't understand why and how we do it.  Almost every time we go I get the compliment of how well behaved they are, especially when they compare them to other customers who come in.

After lunch and hair cuts we came home but did not get right back to work.  The mean mother that I am sent them to their room to clean it up, floor and surfaces.  I made my inspection before we got started on our History and Science.  After school work was all done they each got some computer time and took showers.  

Thursday evening is at-home-date-night.  The girls eat either leftovers or I make breakfast for dinner for them.  Ron swings by the house to pick up Johanna and they head to church for worship practice.  Johanna does the song slides and is learning the sound board.  (She is also part of the youth worship team as the vocalist.)  While they are at practice Naomi and Gracie have a little more play time before they head up to bed at 8.  Yes, I said 8.  They do not turn out the lights until 9.  That hour is for getting ready for bed and for reading.  I check school work and then work on the Sunday School curriculum I am blending together or a sewing project.

Ron usually brings dinner home from some restraunt.  Then he and I get to have date night on the cheap.  It is something that we look forward to and try not to miss if we can help it.  We don't get a chance to go out on dates very often so we have made this a priority.  

No comments:

Post a Comment