Wow! I can’t believe
it has been over a month since I posted.
Trust me it is not for lack of ideas because I have had many posts
composed in my head over the last month, it is just finding the time to sit
down and write.
Well, no way I was going to let Valentine’s go by without a
post because this is our special month.
In two more weeks we have our anniversary. Our 13th to be exact! I think this is only the second time that we
will not be together for either one. The
last time was when we were in process of selling and moving to Lynchburg from
upstate New York. Ron had already been
here for several weeks and the girls and I were still under almost 4ft of snow,
it snowed 2ft on top of 2ft we already had right around Valentine’s day.
I am so thankful to God for bringing Ron and I together on
second glance. I posted last year about
the story of our getting together. http://wilsonfamily-heather.blogspot.com/2011/02/love-at-second-glance-or-chance.html
I am so blessed. God
does know what He is doing. I can look
back over our 13 years and be amazed at the path we have had and how smoothly
things have gone. I am thankful for all
the adventures we have had. I wrote
about that last year also. http://wilsonfamily-heather.blogspot.com/2011/02/story-of-all-moves-and-little-wilson.html
I am so thankful for the man God made for me to share my
life here on earth. I am thankful that
he is a good provider, the leader of our home, a great daddy. I am so thankful that he is strong where I am
weak, that we complement each other. I
am so blessed that we do not fight, we do have occasional
miscommunications. I am blessed that we
are so in-tune with one another.
Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Not sure I believe that. I think it is more like, absence makes you
realize how much you do love/care for your spouse. Ron said it well on my facebook wall. It is not that you love your spouse anymore
on Valentine’s day or that you love them any less on the other days of the
year, it is a day to remind you to express how deep your love is for them. I pray that you each take the time to not
just sign a card but write out your words of love and care for your
spouse. Or if you are bold enough sit
face to face and share it in words, not to get something but so that you can
build up your marriage.
No comments:
Post a Comment