Let me preface the entry by saying that I am not looking for sympathy or special recognition. I write this to share and in hopes that I might encourage you.
Recently in bible study we were talking about temptation, trials and testing. We are studying King David. David faced temptation, trials, and testing. Some he handled well and others he failed miserably at. I think this is true of all of us when we face trials, testing and temptations. I think these three things are so intertwined. Also recently our Pastor was preaching about God’s timing. His timing is perfect, it is always perfect no matter what we think. I know you are wondering how these two things relate to each other in my mind.
In a recent post I wrote about being obedient to God’s calling me to be the Coordinator for ASK. God has allowed me personally and our family to undergo our share of trials, testing and temptation before I said yes to God. It cracks me up how as I was finally come to terms to with what God was asking me to do that I was hearing left and right about the very things I was struggling with. God knows what we need to hear and gives us affirmation if we will only listen and have a soft heart.
So what trials have we faced. In a matter of a few weeks we have watched some of our extended family walk into some hard times, our basement start leaking every time it rains, an extended family member die, my 6 month old laptop hard drive kick-the-bucket, the camera get dropped and broken, and escalating issues with Gracie. Most of this actually happened in two different weekends but God was so good because our eyes were looking to Him. We cried out to Him and said what are we doing that the evil one wants to thwart us and Your plans for us.
I just want to share with you that He is faithful when we are walking through hard times. I can honestly say that the second weekend when my computer and camera kicked it that I was so close to running and hiding or having a major meltdown. I know I have said it before but it bears repeating… God knows what He is doing. He gave me Ron who kept me from melting down by pointing me back to the Lord. Ron reminded me that I was being obedient to the call of God and the evil one would really like to derail that plan. God is good the laptop and the camera are fixed and we have someone coming to fix the basement leak. We are still having to watch our family walk through some tough times but we are trusting God to be faithful to His children. I am going next week to see a counselor to talk about the issues we are having with Gracie. (more about that in another post)
I actually have struggled a good bit over the last 2 weeks about writing or not writing this post. I knew God was asking me to share but I felt silly writing about such trivial things when I have friends who are walking through so much harder trials and testing in the last year. In bible study this year the leaders have been working on memorizing Romans 12. Verse 15 really speaks to what I want to say. “Rejoice with those who rejoice, mourn with those who mourn.” I feel like God asked me to share because He wants you all to rejoice with me that He helped me to keep my eyes on Him during this, that He gave me victory this time. But also I want you my dear friends to know that I do rejoice with you when He gives you victory and that I do mourn with you when you are walking through the hard times.
Then again this week in bible study the Lord gave me encouragement that He is listening to me. I pray that Psalm 143 can be an encouragement to you also.
Psalm 143
Hear my prayer, O LORD,
Give ear to my supplications!
Answer me in Your faithfulness, in Your righteousness!
2And do not enter into judgment with Your servant,
For in Your sight no man living is righteous.
3For the enemy has persecuted my soul;
He has crushed my life to the ground;
He has made me dwell in dark places, like those who have long been dead.
4Therefore my spirit is overwhelmed within me;
My heart is appalled within me.
5I remember the days of old;
I meditate on all Your doings;
I muse on the work of Your hands.
6I stretch out my hands to You;
My soul longs for You, as a parched land. Selah.
7Answer me quickly, O LORD, my spirit fails;
Do not hide Your face from me,
Or I will become like those who go down to the pit.
8Let me hear Your lovingkindness in the morning;
For I trust in You;
Teach me the way in which I should walk;
For to You I lift up my soul.
9Deliver me, O LORD, from my enemies;
I take refuge in You.
10Teach me to do Your will,
For You are my God;
Let Your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
11For the sake of Your name, O LORD, revive me
In Your righteousness bring my soul out of trouble.
12And in Your lovingkindness, cut off my enemies
And destroy all those who afflict my soul,
For I am Your servant.
Give ear to my supplications!
Answer me in Your faithfulness, in Your righteousness!
2And do not enter into judgment with Your servant,
For in Your sight no man living is righteous.
3For the enemy has persecuted my soul;
He has crushed my life to the ground;
He has made me dwell in dark places, like those who have long been dead.
4Therefore my spirit is overwhelmed within me;
My heart is appalled within me.
5I remember the days of old;
I meditate on all Your doings;
I muse on the work of Your hands.
6I stretch out my hands to You;
My soul longs for You, as a parched land. Selah.
7Answer me quickly, O LORD, my spirit fails;
Do not hide Your face from me,
Or I will become like those who go down to the pit.
8Let me hear Your lovingkindness in the morning;
For I trust in You;
Teach me the way in which I should walk;
For to You I lift up my soul.
9Deliver me, O LORD, from my enemies;
I take refuge in You.
10Teach me to do Your will,
For You are my God;
Let Your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
11For the sake of Your name, O LORD, revive me
In Your righteousness bring my soul out of trouble.
12And in Your lovingkindness, cut off my enemies
And destroy all those who afflict my soul,
For I am Your servant.
No comments:
Post a Comment