Wednesday, October 6, 2010
From Facebook Notes on 10/1/10
We just finished our training last night to be foster parents. Today at 4pm I got a call asking if we thought we could take a 3 yr old brother and a 15 month old sister. They were being cared for by the grandmother who was ill. The CPS worker was still at the house getting them. They have very little info on the children and the family situation. I called Ron and he said yes. He came home to stay with Naomi and Gracie so I could go and pick them up. They came home to our house at 5:15. Girlie was asleep by the time we got to the house. She only had a shirt and a diaper on that CPS gave her. Little man was in clothes a size to big, a diaper and girl shoes all from CPS. CPS gave us car seats for them. We all got back in the car to pick Johanna up from her field trip. Then we went to dinner at Wendy's. Little man at 6 nuggets and girlie had 2 plus some fries and crackers. We came home and gave them a much needed bath. Then bedtime was a hugs challenge. I am so thankful for Julia and Matt Bradner loaning us a pack and play since little man wanted to sleep in one also. Thanks also to Julia and Maria Swartz for providing us with pjs and clothes from Kids Kraze- a huge blessing. It was a half hour of crying and not one of the 5 was settling down. I picked up girlie and started rocking and singing children's bible songs and hymns- it was for me as much as for all the children. 15 minutes and little man gave it up and five more before girlie did. Johanna and Gracie were out with little man. Naomi was the hold out but she also had her third wart treatment today and it is always hard for her to fall asleep on the night of treatment. The girls are all very excited but this evening at bed time it was a bit overwhelming for us all. The last 6 hours have been a huge emotional roller coaster for me. I have been praying about being a foster parent or adopting for a long time but tonight I have had moments of uncertainty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment